Thursday, September 4, 2008

Practicum Session Sept.4

Today, I used barrier games for teaching speaking. My objectives were to help ss interact about the similarities and differences in the given two pictures and speak 2-3 sentences showing similarities and differences. I gave one picture to one student and second to the other. One was asked to describe the details in the picture.The other responded with yes or no answers with affirmative and negative statements. They were able to spot through description 3 differences in the two pictures . Being asked to see both the pictures, they could spot all the 10 differences. Then, they came out with 3 sentences each showing dissimilarities and similarities.
My objectives were achieved. I have to reduce my anxiety or consciosness to the presence of the peer group or the observer. Some detouring in my plan might have tured me conscious.
Pl. add to my growth.

No comments: